BIG GAME MEASURING EVENT!
The Northwestern Ontario Sportsmen's Alliance (NOSA) is proud to announce the return of the BIG GAME MEASURING EVENT, to be held at the Central Canada Outdoor Show Friday Feb. 26th to Sunday Feb. 28th. Bring your moose or deer antlers and bear skulls to the outdoor show, OR leave them with the NOSA booth that will also be set up at the Heritage Building during the Northwestern Fur Trappers Convention held that same weekend - and be eligible for great prizes totalling over $1000 !!
The Rules of the Event are as follows:
3 species/4 divisions
1) - Bear skulls
2) - Moose antlers
3) - Typical Deer and Non-Typical Deer
4) - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place prizes for largest gross score in each division - based on minimum 5 entries per category (5 or more entries - 3 prizes, 4 entries - 2 prizes, 3 entries - 1 prize)
5) - 1 Mystery prize for each species, randomly drawn from all entries in each species will be awarded
6) - Additional Random draw prizes will be selected from all entrants regardless of species.
7) - "All-Time" entries will be accepted for each species and will be eligible for 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes as set out for other categories. Eligible for random draw prizes.
8) - All entries must have been legally taken within Ontario. If a legal harvest occurred outside a specified season for species and weapon type the corresponding entry will be eligible in the "All-Time" category only. All-Time also includes "found dead".
9) - All event sponsors/volunteers/directors are permitted to enter the measuring event however all such entries must be made by noon on Saturday Feb. 27th with fees paid same time for their entries.
10) - All FROW recognized species will be eligible for free measurement, however only paid entries will be eligible for any prizes (see rule #11).
- FROW measuring by the Boone and Crockett scoring system will be utilized.
11) - Registration fee is $15 per entry or 3 for $30. Should an entry be eligible for entry into the FROW record books additional FROW registration fees are the responsibility of the entrant.
12) - All scores and decisions are final and at the discretion of The show directors: Joe Dampier (Lakehead Archers) and Shane Baker(NOSA Director)
( NOTE: This event was originally scheduled to be held at the NWFurTrappers Assoc. Convention in the CLE Heritage Building however the location of the event has been moved to the Central Canada Outdoor Show to accomodate co-sponsor Lakehead Archers Inc. who will be assisting with measuring at their booth during the Outdoor Show)